We Care About the Environment
How We're Trying to Save Our Planet
ZUZA is committed to being an eco-friendly printing company, with green printing services. In addition to our active paper stock waste recycling program and our use of environmentally-friendly vegetable based inks, we also offer you the choice of many fine printing papers that are certified as being produced using responsible forest management.
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp. These tree farms not only ensure a sustainable, ongoing paper supply but also assure the land they use will remain undeveloped commercially.
- We recycle 35 tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost. That's OK, though, because we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same.
- We recycle about 95% of all our pallets. Through partnerships with our vendors, we pass these skids back and forth multiple times.
- We use biodegradable inks and toners that are recyclable.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the use of all raw materials.
- All electronic waste is sent to our recycling vendor
- All waste oil and inks are transported to proper recycling centers required by law
- Most plastics and all metal are transported to recycling centers
- All cardboard is broken down, stacked, banded and sent to recyclers
- A very important way we urge our customers to partner with us in our environmental efforts is by using our digital/Internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
Total recycled paper waste for 2020 approximately 485 tons
Trees saved = 8,246
Gallons of water saved = 3,395,700
Gallons of oil saved = 174,636