Let us help your company look its very best across the full spectrum of printed pieces with our commercial printing services; from one-page flyers, to the most intricately designed collateral and everything in-between. Get the highest-order craftsmanship for your projects with ZUZA’s veteran team of creative professionals, based in San Diego, CA and serving Southern California and beyond.
ZUZA operates out of a modern, 47,000 square-foot facility in the Carlsbad Research Center. Our central location makes us the local printing company up and down the Southern California coast.
Our Carlsbad printing facility uses an advanced software system to monitor the progress of every job from the moment it is assigned to the moment it reaches your hands. This ensures exceptional quality control and project-management through every phase of planning and production.
Our commitment to giving you the very best quality is validated with our ISO 9001:2015 certification.
Large Format Printing
ZUZA’s custom printing services offer you almost unlimited choices to present the face of your business just as you see it. Create printing and marketing materials with the stunning look you desire. ZUZA is the custom printing company that can help you bring your most creative designs to life.
Printing on-demand places control in your hands while offering exactly as much professional assistance as you want. We know that your printed marketing materials are the face of your business, and need to be the best possible quality every time.
ZUZA specializes in meeting the precise packaging needs of the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. ZUZA meets your miniature folding requirements for instructions inserted in your packaging with our HERZOG + HEYMANN KL 45 miniature folding machine.
At ZUZA, we’re proud to serve you with unparalleled pre-press capabilities and expertise, with attention to detail that ensures a beautiful result every time.
- Front-end Macintosh systems
- NEW: Kodak Prinergy pre-press workflow
- Electronic file transfer – FTP: files.zuzaprint.com (call for user ID and password)
- Windows compatibility
- G7 compliant
- CIP4 color management system
- NEW: Kodak Trendsetter platesetter with full automation
- EPSON Stylus Pro 9900 ink jet proofer with inline spectrophotometer
- ImpoProof digital imposition blueline with (2) Canon iPF8400 44” print engines
Komori GLX-640 – 29″ x 41″ HUV with inline UV. Capable up to 40pt. board (fully automated)
The GLX-640 is the latest addition to Komori’s flagship line of Lithrone offset presses. With stable printing speeds of up to 18,000 sheets per hour, the GLX-640 can print on stocks up to 40pt. and as large as 29” x 41”. The automation and technology advances allow for make-readies in minutes and unmatched color control. Combine all that with it’s in-line UV and H-UV and the possibilities are incredible.
Heidelberg SpeedMaster CD 74-6 – 24″ x 29″ six-color and coater (CIP3 compatible)
[scanning spectrophotometer / closed loop system]
Noted for its speed and flexibility, The Heidelberg Speedmaster CD 74 can routinely print as high as 14,000 sheets per hour and beyond, accommodating a wide variety of different paper stocks and substrates, printing in brilliant color with six-color capability, and able to finish and enhance your print jobs with coatings.
Mitsubishi four-color perfecting press 28″ x 40″ (perfect 2/2, 2/1 or 1/1)
This quality offset printing press complements our Heidelberg presses with efficient, high-quality four-color printing. Having three-high volume offset presses allows us to meet your offset printing needs quickly and cost-competitively.
Two (2) Ryobi 3302 two-color presses 12″ x 18″
Rounding out ZUZA’s full complement of offset printing presses are our two Ryobi two-color presses, great for very cost-effective two-color work, or four-color work with two passes.
HP Indigo 7900 – six-color 13” x 19” (four color + white and raised clear)
HP Indigo 7900 – four-color 13” x 19”
Two (2) Konica C1100 – four-color 12” x 18” with inline finishing
All print on demand / variable data printing
ZUZA Marketing Asset Management online ordering system
60″ Mimaki Inkjet printer with laminator
Stitch, cut, fold. Whatever you require, we can do the job quickly and precisely.
- Polar-Mohr 137 programmable cutter (54”) with jogging and scale counter
- Polar-Mohr Eltromat 115 programmable cutter (45”)
- Polar-Mohr programmable cutter (29”)
- NEW: HERZOG+HEYMANN miniature folding machine KL 45 – pharmaceutical folder
- Stahl folder with six parallel folds in first unit (30” x 50”)
- Eight-page right angle
- 16-page right angle
- Two gate fold attachments
- Two (2) MBO folders (30” x 50”)
- 16-page right angle
- gate fold attachment
- MBO knife fold attachment
- Osako 368AS collator/stitcher (max 18 1/2” x 12”, min 4 3/4” x 3”)
- Four and five knife capabilities, six pockets and cover feeder
- Optigraph pocket scanner with counter/stacker
- Electronic batch computer
- Eastey shrink wrap (2)
- Shanklin auto shrink wrap
- Baum 3-hole and five-hole drill
- Challenge drill single-head and three-head
- Interlake single-head stitcher
- Bunn string-tie machine
- GBC punch and bind – spiral & wire “o” capabilities
- Dorn U.V. coater (20” x 26” maximum)
- NEW: Horizon Smart Slitter (score, perf, slit)
- Challenge round cornering (1/4”, 5/8”, 1/2” radius)
- Horizon SPF-20 Stitcher/Collator/Folder
- Full finishing, binding, packaging and turned edge services
In addition to our active paper stock waste recycling program and our use of environmentally-friendly vegetable based inks, we also offer you the choice of many papers that are certified for their responsible forest management. This allows you to take an active part in helping preserve our world’s precious forests.
ZUZA has been certified to both the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC®) and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) chain-of-custody standards as part of the production chain for environmentally safe products from forests. It’s just one more way ZUZA strives to provide you with environmentally friendly printing services you can feel good about.
Make the Environment Part of Your Brand’s Positioning
see how you can utilize the FSC and SFI logos on your printed pieces